What did I learn today?
Today I realized how I may have been under-utilizing .NET Identity Claims for a long time. I’ve only really used identity claims under normal circumstances which basically just handled default information about a logged in user; Name, Email, etc. Until recently this was usually enough. However, I recently have had 2 instances where if I did not extend the default claims, I would need to write an enormous amount of code. Without using claims, I would either have to write code to pass values between services or constantly look it up from a database.
Today’s post will describe two ways I have recently used .NET Identity Claims to solve problems that would have required a lot of rework and code.